Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Support Group in Iowa

So, Brittany here! The other day I went to the TS support group I told ya'll about a wile ago.  We had an amazing turnout!   Iowa doesn't have a TSSUS chapter anymore, so we tried a support group, and we has so many people!
People from all over the state came. Girls of all ages, all with different story's, different medical issues, all coming together.

 I am just amazed at all the TS moms out there, and how strong they are, and how they fight for there girls!
What I noticed was a deep need for several things.
A-Educated doctors and educated teaching professionals.
B-Information about TS past the 5th grade-TS girls grow up, and then, they are forgotten about.  I was bombarded with questions about what was growing up with TS like, all sorts of things. (I loved it! Who knew I had valuable information, that people needed? cool)
C-Information on Non Verbal Learning Disorder. Here and here and here and here are some good sites-that shouldn't freak you out.
D- I also see the need for TS siblings and family's to do something-they kinda get forgotten.

I wanna say Hi to everyone who was there,  and please, if I missed anything, let me know! That's why we have comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Rose here
I have many online TS Friends; I am a middle "Sister", and have grown up with my two brothers I call my childhood heroes!I admire them for the bullying they had to put up with. I grew up a child of the 60s, and am floored by what we have accomplished in Life.