Monday, December 3, 2012

What YOU'RE Thankful For

We finally have the compilation of what you guys(and we're) thankful for about Turners. I know this was difficult and ridiculous, but it was an exercise to hopefully get you guys to see the positives about TS. So without further delay, here is the list! Enjoy! "The first things that come to mind about TS are the bad ones, but if we think about it we can see good sides to it. We've been told we have higher chance of having a number of different issues, but, it doesn't mean they will happen. It teaches us that it's not because a thing has a high chance of happening that it will actually be real. Turner syndrome means a low chance of even being born to begin with, but there are still a large number of us very much alive. IT'S NOT BECAUSE THERE IS A RISK THAT IT WILL HAPPEN. “Dr. Turner noted the similar characteristics that showed in many females. Turner's may give an impression of weakness and frailty, but all "sisters" may be surprised at their strength and unique character. I quote Ricky Skaggs, singing "If I can show just what I'm made of, you'll be surprised what I can do" (Let It Be You)” “I am thankful I have TS because of all the wonderful TS sisters that I have met, that I may not have had the privilege of knowing otherwise…” “I know it is hard to be thankful but one thing I am thankful for is I think having TS has made me a strong and empathetic person.” “The most wonderful thing I say to occur is that new friends pop into our lives. The online groups have been warm and wonderful to me! I have learned and discovered many things about myself. The gratitude is for not being alone in the world of TS.” “I’m thankful for TS because of the many experiences it has afforded me. I wouldn’t be the woman I am today if I hadn’t been diagnosed with Turners and I am so grateful for that. Turners hasn’t been the most wonderful thing to happen to me, and I’m sure that it’s not the best thing that has happened to any of my TS Sisters but it is something that could have been much worse. My mom turned to my uncle who had a lot of medical experience when we were going through the whole diagnosis procedure and he told her so many things that it could have been. I have also gotten to meet some pretty amazing people because of TS. Without TS, I wouldn’t have been introduced to the WONDERFUL world of blogging! I love that I have an outlet where I can voice my opinions and feelings about TS without being judged. I am also thankful that through the blog, Brittany and I can make a difference in the lives of others who are going through similar things we are”~Ashley “Its hard to believe, and its only true because Ashley made me think hard about it, but I am grateful for my tuners syndrome.I would never have met so many cool people, or traveled so many places. back to finals!” Brittany!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we come to the end of another year,I recall sweet love my heart shared;Many in my Family have since passed away,and their hearts were warm and welcomed me.The fire of Love never dies,for it lingers in the special memories we treasure.