Thursday, April 4, 2013

Scars at ISRC

What is ISRC you ask? It stands for Idaho Society of Respiratory Care. Why am I writing about it? Well I am at an ISRC conference today and tomorrow, and it has been AWESOME! I won't bore you with the details, but one thing I thought was really cool was a CF(cystic fibrosis) patient who came and talked to us. She talked about her experiences with CF. We haven't learned much about CF in my program yet, but it is definitely not a fun disease! I found it very easy to relate to her because she talked about her struggles with her disease and how tough her life really is. It is so inspiring. She wrote a book about how scars are beautiful and it just kinda made me think. Us Turners Girls may not have visible scars, and some of us do, but we have emotional scars. Turners can be wearing and exhausting mentally and emotionally-for the TS girls and for their families. But you know what? Those "scars" just make you more beautiful! They have shaped you into the wonderful, amazing person you are! You are like a diamond. Something unimpressive until it goes through an extreme amount of heat and pressure and voila it becomes something gorgeous! So when you are sad, think of yourself as a diamond in the rough-your experiences with TS and in life are just polishing your own personal diamond and making you more and more beautiful. So wear those scars (emotional or physical) with pride! They are an emblem that you are a fighter and that you won't give up!

So here are some inspirational pictures/sayings:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our bodies are "all we have",and we should take care of them;As I practice different exercise for Scoliosis,I am finding hope that
helps me.

I have TS, but should never allow it to "have me"