Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The beginning

Brittany Here! we thought we would start from the beginning and describe what TS is exactly, so here goes:
What is Turner's syndrome?  
Stay with me as I unleash the mysteries of the UNIVERSE.
Turner’s syndrome was discovered in the 30s by a doctor named Turner.  It is a chromosomal disorder. Having an XY chromosome pair makes you a boy, and having an XX pair makes you a girl.  Chromosomes hold DNA, which makes us who we are.
TS occurs when the second X chromosome is misshapen or missing completely
The symptoms and  TS include: shortness, infertility, lack of menstruation, webbed neck, puffy toes and fingers, a high pallet, High hair line and a deeply ingrained hatred of math. They also are good at reading and writing, but may not do so well in the social realm.  Motor skills may take longer to develop.
Girls with TS may be prone to NLD. This is Non Verbal Learning disorder, which has its own long set of symptoms. These include, problems with directions and social situations,

In middle and high school, the main issue may be that the lack of boobs, but later, the infertility may become a bigger issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a big "eye opener",for me; I am glad that there are many groups to "belong" and feel welcome in.I am learning so much about myself,and am grateful to have support and true "Friends" who share what I go through.I truly feel the Sun "shine" in my heart.